Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
From time to time many children will need additional help to support them with an area they are finding difficult.
At Beaufort we recognise the importance of inclusion for all of our children:‘Inclusion is a sense of belonging: feeling respected, valued for who you are; feeling a level of supportive energy and commitment from others so that you can do your best work.’
(Miller, Frederick A. and Katz, Judith H. 2002)
At Beaufort we track and monitor our children’s progress carefully, providing support for any children who require it in one or more areas of their education, either academically, socially/emotionally or with behaviour. We do this through a range of strategies, all of which would involve working with and engaging effectively with parents to achieve a successful outcome.
Specialist help is available within Beaufort through our Inclusion Leader – Ms Samantha Jaycock. She co-ordinates and oversees the work of the team of teachers, teaching assistants and external agencies who support the children to overcome their barriers to learning and achieve their potential through specific programmes of support.
At Beaufort we aim to:
* Reduce barriers to learning for your child and ensure participation for all pupils.
* Find the best way to support your children to achieve their potential.
* Work with our staff to provide relevant training to improve outcomes for our children .
* Foster positive relationships between schools and families as we are best when we work together to support our children.
* Ensure parents and carers are kept up to date and feel informed about their child’s special educational needs and provision that is made to help them to achieve.
* Ensure information about each child’s needs is collected and kept up to date, therefore providing relevant information to base decisions upon.
For details of our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Offer, please click on the document below: